Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summer's 5th Birthday

Summer's birthday was on Monday, August 8th.

On Sunday afternoon, after we bid farewell to our friends Maggie and Brian who were visiting us from Kingston, we celebrated with 8 of her little friends and a few of their parents.

Brian and Maggie

We spent most of the afternoon on the beach. Thankfully this year we had fair weather and it was warm enough for the kids to swim, go for some tube rides, and a cruise on the seadoo. We got them good and hungry and headed up to have dinner on the deck. At Summer's request I made her a 'Magic School Bus' cake.



We sat down to 'do cake' and Summer says, "Wait! I forgot my birthday crown! Don't start without me!" (as if we could!). She ran to her room and donned her red 'birthday crown' she had from school. we were then able to proceed. I might also ad that the day included 3wardrobe changes.



Summer receive thoughtful generous gifts from her friends and our neighbours. She's one lucky girl.





I know it is cliche to comment on how fast the time goes by. But to be honest, there are times when I feel it has taken forever to get to 5, and sometimes not.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Summer! So feminine! And yet, she looks like the kind of girl who won't hesitate to get some dirt under her nails should a snake, frog or lizard make an appearance.

    ReplyDelete