Friday, August 19, 2011

Our weekend with the Miller's




Last weekend we had a wonderful visit with Jeff, Elise, Emilie, Matthew, Eric and Kiki. The Miller's made the trek up from Brooklin on Thursday evening and we had an extended weekend of beach fun.

We met the Miller's 5 years ago. Elise approached me in the pumping room at Women's College Hospital and asked how my baby was doing. It happened to be the day that Summer was being transferred to Sick Kids to wait for her shunt surgery. When I told her, between the tears, what was happening, she nodded with a knowing look and told me Matthew, one of her twins, was also being transferred for the same reason. It seems odd now, but at the time, I experienced a huge sense of relief that someone else knew what it all felt like.

Flash-forward 5 years and there we are watching the children play together on the beach, splashing in the lake and soaking in the sunshine. I am grateful we have become family friends over the years and before each visit the kids get as excited as we do to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment