Thursday, July 22, 2010

I'm Bored!

How many times did our parents hear this as we grew up? Summer's days of leisure are starting to lose their lustre. I think she is genuinely getting quite bored with all the sitting around. Last evening I suggested we do something and she says "I don't think so, it's boring."

I think we are all longing for her to be up and about. Clearly, her leg does not hurt when she is 'resting'. She was crawling around on the couch last night on her hands and knees and I half expected her to just stand up.

Don's Auntie Bern sent a parcel for Summer, full of little presents, so she has been having a lot of fun, opening one or two each day. Yesterday she was thrilled with the little parachute man (the kind you throw up in the air, and his chute opens as he falls). She couldn't wait to tell me about it when I got home from work.

The Miller's (twins Matthew and Eric, 4 and big sister Emilie, 7) are coming for the weekend. So far the weather forecast looks good and we are all ready.

Then on Thursday, our friends Don and Corrine are coming from Edmonton. They were here when Summer was born and have made the annual pilgrimage for the August long weekend ever since. Though, this year, we are a little apprehensive as Corrine's mom who his 89 (and a half) is not doing very well. But she is determined to live to 90 - what a tough old girl.

In three weeks we'll be in Comox for our annual visit home.

So, Summer might be bored - but I'm not!! I think this summer is going by too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment