Monday, April 2, 2012

Rites of Pierce-age

Summer and I spent Saturday morning with our friend Tracy and her horse Dolby at Eastwood.  Summer had a ride on Dolby and then we groomed her and fed her a bag of carrots. Summer had lots of fun and was great to see her confidence build over the last couple of weeks.

From there, we headed to the mall for lunch.  It's Sum's favourite - she loves the food-court.  We took a wander around the shops. I needed to stop into the jewelery store, so I asked Summer, off handed, if she would like to get her ears pierced.  To my surprise, she said yes! 

We have been here before, about a year and a half ago, when we got as far as 'the chair', but then had a meltdown and got cold feet.  But this time was different.  Yes, she looked nervous but excited.  She wanted to sit on my lap for the actual procedure.  I was surprised she didn't feel my heart racing right out of my chest!

She did a little jump when the guns went off, but she was so brave and there were no tears.  Especially since there were four older girls looking on, waiting for their turn.



1 comment: