Thursday, April 14, 2011

School Visit: by Marg

Summer had a fun visit at the school yesterday with Marg:

My intent was to follow Summer and provide assistance as necessary. Her designated center was computers and this was challenging for her. She was able to isolate her finger to "click" but it was very difficult for her to release due to the amount of pressure she had on the mouse. We worked on this together so that she was able to pop some of the balloons. While she waited for her turn at the computer I brought out some of the fine motor toys out of my bag. She remembered that I would have something in my bag for her.

We worked with the magic wand that you have to turn over in order for the glitter to move through the tube. I will bring the shorter one next time to use as well although with the long one once she had made the turn I would take it and she would reposition her grasp.

We need to problem solve many of these tasks as she is so smart she will use her body to do what she wants her hand / arm to do. I had a smaller sensory water toy that dropped and mixed colours and the size of this seemed better.

When computers were finished she thought that she wouldn't move to another area but just check out what else was in the bag of toys. Her little friend or two joined us for what was in fact a fine motor session. We used the floam to roll press and shape. Tongs to eat balls we made and to pick up the sensory balls etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment