Friday, December 31, 2010

Season Reflections

As we are heading into New Year's eve I am reflecting on fun had over the Christmas 'break'.

I enjoyed a couple extra days off, but worked the last three days, thoroughly taking advantage of the opportunity to catch up on my work and accept last minute donations from people trying to make the best of the 2010 tax year. It is always nice when others are calling us to make their gifts.

Speaking of gifts, this year Summer seemed to grasp the concept of 'being fortunate'. In fact, she made me gather some of her toys up after Christmas so they can be donated to other children. OK, they are still sitting by the door, I thought she might change her mind, but she reminds me, albeit on the way to town, that we forgot them. I know that some of this awareness for her has come from TV, so I can't take the credit for it. Just the same I am delighted that she kind of 'gets it'.

Giving gifts, giving thanks. We were blessed with time spent with great friends Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Christmas week. Don and Summer got three Daddy - Daughter days and now we are heading into a nice long family weekend. Below are a few snaps of Christmas week.






No comments:

Post a Comment