Saturday, November 13, 2010

Writing Therapy

I've been posting on this blog for about 6 months now. It is a great way to keep our family connected to what is happening in our lives, Summer's progress, etc.

So, at the moment, I am multi-tasking - of course - Summer is on the couch, eating her toast with jam... leather is wipeable... what the heck... I am on hold with Airmiles trying to book a flight to Edmonton for Spring Break and their website isn't allowing me to pay... fine,, so instead of taking my money on line,,, I am on hold for 30 minutes... I have caught up on the Trousdell Five blog, checked my work email, fed Summer... etc - lol.

So, back to the title of today's. There are the obvious benefits of cathartically writing about ones experiences... but sometimes when stuff is happening in our lives, moments happen, and I use "blogable moments" as a benchmark of how bent I should get about certain situations. Or, I actually try to find the humour in everyday life, so that I share those moments with our family and friends through this medium.

I am a naturally optimistic person, I would not say I am super high anxiety, though I have my moments, but knowing I have this outlet to vent, measure up, and share, sometimes reminds me to not sweat the small stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment