Thursday, November 18, 2010

Busy Bees

I popped on to the blog during my lunch to give a quick update on Summer's Botox follow-up appointment that is now 4 days old news...

And I realized that I have done two posts in November... and we are over half way done the month. My friend Julie said she loves the blog, but is wondering what I am up to, since it is mostly all Summer info with the family anecdotes.

So, in a nutshell, November has been nuts. I rarely complain about being too busy, overwhelmed, run off my feet etc. and I rarely share my To Do list - how boring... however in a rare circumstance, this is what is happening in our life.

Our community is highly anticipating the opening of our new hospital. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to be a part of this amazing experience. I have been working with the Hospital foundation for 6.5 years, and much of my work has been securing donations for medical equipment and stewarding donor who helped build our hospital and are filling it with leading edge equipment.

There is a plethora of donor related activities, from signage to dedication events,and on December 3rd we have our donor night followed by a community open house on the 4th.

The Foundation moved into our new offices at the hospital, leaving our downtown location. It has been a lot better being on site to accomplish much of the work that needs to be done for the events. The anxiety of not being able to find things after the move is now being replaced by a sense of organization.

Along with all of this exciting stuff, we are also in a campaign to raise significant funds for a major capital expense for Diagnostic Imaging...

Right, and for Summer... On Monday we drove to Orillia for Summer's Botox follow up appointment. Yes, we drive 2 hours for a 20 minute appointment... sigh. However, the Dr. was super pleased with her. Summer demonstrated some great fine-ish motor activity with her right hand. We decided that she will receive botox injections in her calf and bicep but will not receive any in her forearm or thumb, as she does not want to compromise any strength she needs to practice her skills.

So far, again, we have avoided casting her right leg for heel cord lengthing,,, but I have a feeling she may require it in the future.

We head back to Orillia on December 22nd, when she will receive her sedation and injections.

No comments:

Post a Comment