Thursday, June 13, 2013

It Never Gets Old

I never tire of watching Summer play in sports.  She accomplishes skills at her own pace, in her own way.  She was SO EXCITED to be the Back Catcher last night at Softball.  She kept asking and asking me to ask her coach.  But, I encouraged her to speak with her coach and advocate for herself, even though I was helping out with the batting order.

So, last night was her opportunity.  We suited her up in the protective gear and out she went.  She had a tough time getting her glove on and off (she catches and throws with the same hand).  Perhaps a little baby powder might help.  Her toss back to the pitcher was consistent.  The umpire taught her how to tag a player out at Home Plate - but he forgot to mention she needed to posess the ball first... so it was cute to watch her rush to home to tag out the runnner, sans ball.  But then she understood. 

She hit two for two times at bat and made it to third both times.

I'm also including a dance photo from her recital in May.  I still need to load up some video.


1 comment: