Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Baseball Concludes

Last night was our last baseball game.  The season ended much like it started - a last minute field closure because of the crazy weather.  We decided to hold our pizza party anyway and had all the kids meet us at the clubhouse. It was one of the best turnouts this year - amazing what the promise of pizza will do!   We gathered for a final team picture and bid farewell to our new friends.  Don and I reflected on our coaching experience and decided that even though there were many frustrating moments, it was definitely worth our time and effort.  Given the option of leading or following - we'd choose leading everytime. 

NBBA Junior Rookie Giants 2012

Martha Stewart eat your heart out...  ok, not my best work, but they looked better in person and definitely impressed the children AND the parents!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool cake!
    I hope that one day I'll be M's "side-kick"...I think.

    ReplyDelete