Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Eeee Ghad!

Well, it was bound to happen....  I turned 40 on Saturday.  I can't say it was all that hard to take.  I am an athlete (well ok, a wannabe athlete), so most days when I wake up in the morning I feel 50.

Summer and Don had a great day planned for me. Fat breakfast and presents from Don and Sum (an iPad - yes, I was very impressed!)

We visited with friends for the afternoon.  Their son Ben is 3 and he and Summer get along really well.  We then had 'dinner plans' with Trace & Geof - which turned out to be a surprise party; my friends from the lake, Summer's godparents, and Barb and Laurie--all the way from Bolton.  A very big surprise. 

We were all moving a little slower than normal on Sunday, but got lots of rest to prepare for the Monday evening Bryan Adams concert in Sudbury.  It was an AMAZING show.  We could not have pulled that one off, on a weeknight, without the help of Tina and Buster who took Summer for a sleep over.  Tina texted me some cute stories throughout the evening:

Summer to Meghan:  "Hey Meghan, let's go upstairs and try to shoot my puppy with the shotgun!" (k, nerf gun, puppy is a teddy bear - thought I better qualify that one!)

Summer to Tina while painting a picture:  "Tina! you better come see my painting!" Tina: "what if I don't?" Summer "Well I will smack ya!"  (Honestly, don't know where that one came from!!)

Barb & Laurie and the birthday girl  
Summer showing up her mom at Karaoke

The top of some dudes head and Bryan Adams in the far-ground

No comments:

Post a Comment