Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Letter to Santa

To be honest, I am not the biggest fan of the Christmas season.  It is overwhelming, expensive and I hate the crowds and the 'clutter' that comes along with it.  OK, I am not a scrooge.  I like the music, lights, treats and eggnog.

I also love seeing Summer's excitement when she sees Santa and the Christmas morning free-for-all of flying wrapping paper.  I feel nauseous when I think about when she no longer believes and when she starts to question why Santa sounds so much like Jade's Grandpa, Dale. 

Last weekend we put up our Christmas tree.  It's a fake one, since the 'Leak of 2005'.  But it does the job and Summer loves to hang the ornaments she's made over the last few years.  Then Don and Summer sat down to write 'the letter'.  He was very patient with her, and I think there was a 'play break' or two, but they persevered and got it done. 


1 comment: