Monday, September 12, 2011

All Grown Up!

Today is Summer's first day back to school.  She is really excited.  She is sporting her new backpack and can't wait to see her friends.

Summer will be in an SK (Senior Kindergarten) Grade One split class this year.  There will be 11 grade ones and 5 SK's.  We are really excited about this because the research shows that older children mentor the younger and there are advantages to both groups.  Summer is in the split class because she shares an EA with another little boy with CP who is in Grade One.  I think this is a real bonus from being in a smaller school. 

I know she has already been in full time school for JK last year, but I still get a lump in my throat when I see her doing all the 'normal' things for kids her age.




" Check out my new shoes."

4 comments:

  1. Such joy!!! Hope Summer has an amazing first day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How time flys!! The backpack looks bigger then her.. See you soon Sum, love from Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the coolest shoes!! They almost look like candy. Good grief those back packs are huge! What equivalently huge things are kids carrying in there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! Backpack contents: Lunch, raincoat, agenda. It adds up :-)

    ReplyDelete