Monday, January 31, 2011

Good Move

Yesterday was our patient move. Our new hospital is complete and now will be the place where everyone in our district will come for care.

It was really neat to be part of the patient move. It is probably the closest I will ever get to patient care. I was on the transfer team with my Foundation colleagues. We wheeled the patients on stretchers from their rooms to the elevator. It was a lot of standing around with a little bit of action here and there. It went very smoothly.

Our hospital awarded a huge prize pack to the First Baby born at our new hospital. Turns out... a 28 week premie was the recipient. They named her Patience - how perfect. Just over 2 lbs, she was transferred to CHEO. I know we have many premies born here every year, but they usually arent celeb's.

Speaking of premies... Summer was up on Saturday night vomiting... but otherwise feeling fine... so my spidy senses went into overdrive... I had to leave the house at 4:30am to go to work for the move, so I woke Don up to sit with her, and the first question I asked when I got to work is "Is our CT Scanner up and running yet?" -it was moved last week and when I saw it on Friday while giving a donor tour-there was still a guy working on it. - thankfully the CT started running again on Sunday morning... Thankfully, Summer devloped a fever later in the day... funny... thanking a fever... so we ruled out a shunt emergency.


Summer's kangaroo craft

No comments:

Post a Comment