Monday, September 20, 2010

First Day of School


Summer's first day of school is today. This morning we waited at daycare until her bus arrived so that we could see her off. She was very excited to show off her new Toy Story back pack and really pleased to be packing her lunch.



She embarked the school bus with out much trouble. She had a little stage fright and didn't really know what to do once she was on, so her driver told here where to sit - right behind her.





I dropped Don off at work and headed to Summer's school to view how the drop-off went. I was undetected in the parking lot and had a clear view of the bus zone. The bus pulled up and no students were allowed off the bus until the teachers arrived to greet them.

Summer was the last kid to disembark and it looked like she did ok. Her EA was one of the teachers meeting her, and everyone looked happy.

She trotted into the school yard and out of my sight.

All of our excitment and pride trumped our anxiety and hesitation - though both Don and I admit to being a little teary at our little girl growing up.

I can't wait to hear how her day went.

4 comments:

  1. She looks so cute heading for her first day ...oh my time flies. Love to you all.
    Don and Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow riding the bus already, sniff.
    I would be a little teary too.
    Love Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa AKA Daycare EducatorSeptember 23, 2010 at 6:17 PM

    To add......... lol
    She was so excited when she got off the bus... she came running up the stairs with a huge smile on her face while all of her friends called her name! It was a great moment and I was glad to be part of it =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe she's in school already! Time just FLEW!!!

    ReplyDelete